Drop Down

[SWATCH] Butter London - Macbeth

Wednesday 2 March 2016



Butter London - Macbeth







Macbeth
Out, out, damn neutrals! This pedicure-worthy orange-y-coral nail lacquer will make you want to do terrible things that won't wash off your hands. (butterlondon.com)




I've been going through a bright cremes phase lately, because all the glitters and shimmers in my collection aren't particularly exciting to me at the moment. So I decided to rifle through my collection and bring out Butter London's Macbeth. Macbeth isn't the bold, ambitious and bloody red that I really wanted it to be but I was still incredibly attracted to the promise of a lovely coral-red creme when I bought it a few years back. It's still definitely as pretty as I remember it to be.

Cost - RRP AUD$19.95

ALL PHOTOS HAVE:
  • Orly - Bonder
  • Butter London - 2-3 coats of Macbeth
  • 3CE - Nail Lacquer Top Coat

Application


Butter London's brush is thin and flexible, so it was fairly easy to use. The formula was also very manageable and consistent. The first coat I applied wasn't completely opaque (also streaky), so I definitely needed a second and some nails also required a third coat. I tend to apply thin coats though, so it could probably work with 2 thicker coats.

Colour + Finish


Macbeth is a solid, predominantly red-based creme and is a little bit of a shifter. It can range from orange-red to a very bright pink depending on the lighting, so it was extremely difficult to capture on camera.

It's pretty, no?

But ... this colour isn't going to inspire any regicidal tendencies.

It's a pretty colour but not exactly unique, so unless you felt the need to collect every red under the sun then I'd give Macbeth a miss.



Longevity + Removal


I piled a thick layer of top coat over Macbeth and it stayed shiny and awesome for an entire week! There was of course the usual tip wear, but if you squinted or stood a metre back from me, it would look just like a freshly painted manicure. I would probably attribute this to the top coat, but I'm not ruling out the possibility of Macbeth containing some miracle chemical that created magic with my temperamental 3CE top coat. If I ever try out another top coat with Macbeth, I'll definitely update this.

Removal was a whole different story, involving boiled lobster fingers. All great Neptune's ocean probably wouldn't wash this off my hands either. Nails, cuticles and surrounding skin all stained during and after removal. The nail polish itself came off without too much elbow grease, but the aftermath was indeed a bloody one.

Rating: 7/10

Thank you for reading !

No comments :