Drop Down

[SWATCH] OPI - Strawberry Margarita

Wednesday 9 March 2016



OPI - Strawberry Margarita


Sip into this bright pink and enjoy! (OPI.com)

So much pink !

I literally just closed my eyes and grabbed any polish that was in the drawer and this is what came out. I don't think I've ever used this since I bought it, probably cause I bought too much polish all at once during a crazy phase I had two years ago (significant dip in the bank account). At the time, I think I jumped on this one cause it's a super yummy shade of strawberry and honestly, a girl can't go wrong with pink.

Cost - RRP AUD$20

ALL PHOTOS ARE IN INDIRECT SUNLIGHT AND HAVE:
  • Orly - Bonder
  • OPI - 2 coats of Strawberry Margarita
  • 3CE - Top Coat

Application
OPI's ProWide brush has never really failed me and I find it super easy to handle despite the fact that I'm terrible at applying polish perfectly. I didn't expect this polish to be too unwieldy and fortunately it wasn't, but it is probably best with 2 thick-ish coats or 3 thin coats. The formula wasn't too thick or runny, but it doesn't really like levelling itself out so the first coat was quite unattractively patchy. I also noticed that if I applied the coat too thinly, it dried very quickly and if I hadn't finished applying in the area, then it would form lumps and bumps where the polish overlapped each other. The second coat had to be thicker and applied carefully to avoid forming unsightly lumps. Overall, it wasn't a difficult polish to apply but I'm just being nitpicky. (:


Colour + Finish
Strawberry Margarita is an opaque barbie pink creme, and a perfect colour for the warmer months. It's super girly and bold, definitely not for those who don't like wearing bright colours on their nails. It's the sort of shade that would complement most skin tones as I feel that it's a slightly blue-based pink but not overtly so. It doesn't dry super glossy so it does benefit from having a top coat.


Longevity + Removal
I haven't really got much to comment on in these aspects. The polish lasted a couple of days with minimal wear, which is nothing beyond the ordinary. However, I do tend to think that the top and base coat does have a large influence over this aspect of the polish.

Removal was a breeze, as you'd expect of creme polishes. I was anticipating boiled lobster fingers after removal, but was pleasantly surprised by my stain-free nails and fingers.

Rating: 8/10


Thank you for reading !

No comments :