Drop Down

[SWATCH] OPI: I Theodora You

Wednesday 4 May 2016


I literally did not own a baby pink until I purchased I Theodora You. Even now, I still don't own any other true baby pinks. I really wanted something super soft and feminine, thus I got a bad case of grabby hands when I lay my eyes on this polish. The great thing about sheer baby pink polishes is that you can create a 'my nails but better' effect with one coat or layer it on for an opaque finish. Needless to say that I was very excited about this polish, but did it reach my expectations?

Cost - RRP AUD$20

ALL PHOTOS ARE IN INDIRECT SUNLIGHT AND HAVE:
  • Orly - Bonder
  • OPI - 2-3 coats of I Theodora You
  • 3CE Nail Lacquer - Top Coat

Application


I love the OPI ProWide brush, but unfortunately not even the brush could save this streaky mess. The formula's fairly thin an milky but it's not super difficult to spread across the nail. The problem is that it only seemed to want to apply in a streaky pattern. First, second and third (if I hadn't given up on the nail) coats were all very uneven and instead of creating that fabulous femininity that I had hoped for, it ended up looking like a cat attacked my nails.


Colour + Finish


Despite my complaints about the formula, it's so incredibly pretty. It's a sheer, milky baby pink that looks elegant and natural on the nails. It's a great colour for the office ladies and those who don't tend to venture out into the bold and bright. It would even be a great walking-down-the-aisle colour if not for the unsightly blotchiness of the formula. There is definite visible nail line, but not hugely distracting at 3 coats. It's also a rather cool-toned pink and may accentuate olive/yellow undertones.


Longevity + Removal


I only managed to keep this colour on for 3 days due to university requirements but it never chipped throughout. I'd probably hazard a guess that it would've lasted fairly decently on my nails as most polishes tend to do. Removal was straightforward with no staining.

Rating: 5/10 - I honestly really wanted to like it. ):

Thank you for reading !

No comments :