Drop Down

[FRAGRANCE REVIEW] Roses De Chloe

Monday 30 May 2016


What they say:
“Roses de Chloé is an invitation to grace. Luminous and subtle, it inspires and evokes a unique facet of the signature Chloé rose, capturing the spirit of the Chloé woman. The fragrance exudes an immediate and incredible freshness, derived from the top note bergamot. This sensation is gradually joined by a heart of Damascena rose essence, modernized with a magnolia accord. The trail on the skin is of white musk and amber, the signature base of the Chloé house.“


•••



I can honestly say I’m a true & loyal Chloe fangirl. The first ever scent that I’d ever coveted (and owned) was the signature Chloe perfume- and that started me off on a whirlwind romance with perfumes. When I saw that Chloe launched Roses, I had to see if it lived up to my expectations of Chloe fragrances in general, and it didn’t disappoint. Roses de Chloe maintains that trademark Chloe aura, not too overpowering but enough to allow those around the wearer to ponder “what is that?” Roses is quite a bit softer than the original Chloe and it has a wonderfully not quite girl but not yet mature woman feel. Just right I think, for someone in their 20’s to 30’s. It’s light, soft and the rose makes it just that tad more feminine than the original. It’s not an overly complicated scent- it doesn’t really change much (on me, at least) as the day goes on- but it’s wonderful and allows for just that touch of floral romance to accompany you throughout your day.

I currently own around 30 different perfumes, and Roses is one of the fragrances I find myself reaching for the most. I don’t really have a signature scent anymore as I feel like my tastes are shifting as I mature but as you can see in the photo I’ve used a generous amount for a year! It’s a lovely gem to have in your collection- and I find that I really like Chloe’s take on a rosy fragrance better than other brands :)

One thing though: The bottle can get a little rusty and gross- so make sure you polish and clean it often if you want to keep it looking pretty on the vanity!



•••


Strength (Sillage):  6/10 (moderate) A faint trace at arms length
Longevity: 6/10 (moderate) I would say maybe 4-5 hours
Scent: 8.5/10 
Packaging: 9/10 

Rating:  8/10 
Would buy again? Let me get through one bottle first.



$140 for the 75ml in Myer

No comments :