Drop Down

[SWATCH] Butter London: Two Fingered Salute

Thursday 26 May 2016

Sometimes I feel as though the market is completely saturated and polish creators are hard-pressed to produce something unique that doesn't look like an abomination (ahem OPI Pineapple's Have Peelings Too!). But then I get my grabby hands on Butter London's Two Fingered Salute, which was released a few years ago, and all is well again.

Cost - RRP AUD$19.95

ALL PHOTOS HAVE:
  • Orly - Bonder
  • Butter London - 3 coats of Two Fingered Salute
  • 3CE Nail Lacquer - Top Coat

Application


Application was no fuss, but it did need 3 thin coats for me to be decently happy with the final product. Butter London's brush is thin and flexible, which allows for good application. I've had my ups and downs with different polishes, but this one was a good brush. The polish was very easy to apply and spread even with the glitter in it. It spread evenly, albeit sheerly due to the fact that I tend to apply thin coats.


Colour + Finish


This colour is absolutely unique. It's a beautiful muted sage green base with bronze flecks scattered throughout. I honestly have never seen a polish quite like it and I totally recommend that you check it out. It may clash a little with olive/yellow skin tones as it is such a warm colour, but I would personally advise you to maybe see it in person and colour match it to your skin. Due to it's muted tone, I think it would be a refreshing and gorgeous office-safe colour. It's a great way to test a different colour without looking like a unicorn peed all over your fingers.


Longevity + Removal


Polish tends to last decently well on me no matter what, and honestly I haven't had many issues with any nail polish, including this one. Removal was not super smooth, because the brassy flecks will take a little elbow grease to get off and if you're not careful, it will get all over your fingers.

Rating: 8/10

Thank you for reading ! 3 thin coats - easy to apply not very glossy - needs top coat medium to remove - brassy flecks dificult to remov e + all over fingers

No comments :