Drop Down

[SWATCH] Butter London: Stroppy

Wednesday 11 May 2016


Butter London is quickly rising as one of my favourite polish brands because they make stunning colours (like Stroppy), have awesome British names and are packaged elegantly. I just wished they were more consistent with their product releases, but I think their focus at the moment is on the new infinite shine polish range.


Cost - RRP AUD$19.95

ALL PHOTOS HAVE:
  • Innisfree - Eco Base Coat
  • Butter London - 3 coats of Stroppy
  • 3CE Nail Lacquer - Top Coat

Application


I tend to be a very big fan of the Butter London brush, but this one was a tad more difficult to work with. It still spread the polish on very well and evenly, but I needed to pick up quite a lot on the brush to get it across my entire nail. Usually I'd wipe the excess on the lip of the bottle, but I did not do that with Stroppy I'm not sure if it was just my bottle though, so let me know if you're experiencing the same with your polish!

It applies fairly sheerly on the first coat, so I needed 3 thin coats to build it up to the opacity in the photos. If you're lazy or impatient, you could probably get away with a coat of black underneath one coat of Stroppy. It'd look darker than what I have here, but it would be equally as gorgeous.

Colour + Finish


Stroppy is a stunning purple glitter with pink and blue micro-glitter scattered throughout. The photos hint at its shimmery awesome-ness, but as with most glitter polishes, it was difficult to capture fully on camera. It's definitely a warm-tone purple, so unless you layer it over black, it may not be as flattering on yellow/olive toned skin. I'd suggest layering it over a dark colour if you want it looking more cool-toned.

It doesn't set super glossy, so a good layer of top coat is necessary for an amazing shine (and for longevity). Top coat also brings out the pink and blue shimmer running through the polish.


Longevity + Removal


It lasted about a week on me without many issues, but most polishes tend to do that. My advice is to get a good top and base coat, because that's what really makes or breaks your manicure. Removal was easier than I thought it would be despite being a glitter polish. My nails didn't stain, but I did end up with very glittery fingers afterwards.

Rating: 9/10

Thank you for reading !

No comments :