Drop Down

[SWATCH] OPI DS: Reserve

Wednesday 29 June 2016


What's not to love about a pink holographic OPI polish? DS Reserve debuted way back in 2008, but still at reasonable prices today (ahem DSORIGINAL). It's not as holographic as the really old DS polishes, but its still pretty and more unique compared to the normal cremes, shimmers and glitters that dominate OPI's lines.

Cost - RRP AUD$20-ish?

ALL PHOTOS HAVE:
  • Innisfree Eco Base Coat
  • OPI DS Reserve 3 thin coats

Application


I'm a fan of the Pro-wide brush because it makes it easy and quick to paint an even layer of polish on. DS Reserve was of a good consistency, extremely easy to apply and there was no cuticle flooding. I tend to paint thin coats because I have no patience to wait for my nails to dry. My first coat was very sheer and there was still visible nail line on my second coat, so I opted for a third coat for insurance but you could probably get away with two thicker coats.

Colour + Finish


The colour is a gorgeous rosy pink with a scattered holo. It's soft and feminine, but the sparkle gives it a little extra impact that you don't get with a simple creme polish. The pink is versatile enough to work with most skin tones and (hopefully) won't make your fingers look lobster-y. I reckon its a office-safe colour because it's subtle and muted enough to go largely unnoticed, until you stick your fingers into the sunlight (:.


My photos show the polish without a top coat, which was quite glossy but I would recommend adding a layer of top coat to bring out the gorgeous holo even more.


Longevity + Removal


Polish doesn't tend to chip and lasts about a week on my nails. This polish wasn't any different, even without top coat. Removal was smooth and easy, with no staining and my fingers didn't look like they were glitterbombed.

Rating: 9/10

Thank you for reading !

No comments :