Drop Down

[SWATCH] OPI: What's With the Cattitude

Wednesday 20 April 2016

One of my nail polish weaknesses is baby blue, which more often than not, is limited edition. Besides having the ability to deflate my bank account, it also looks fabulous on my slightly yellow-based skin and looks more special than your typical reds and pinks. This pretty polish comes from an old summer release, the Shrek Collection. Out of the polishes released in that collection, What's With the Cattitude is probably the hardest to get your paws on. It look me a year of searching and more money than I would like to admit to get my very own bottle. Naturally, my expectations were high...

Cost - $$$

ALL PHOTOS HAVE:
  • Innisfree - Eco Base Coat
  • OPI - 4 coats of What's With the Cattitude
  • 3CE Nail Lacquer - Top Coat

Application


I'm a fan of OPI's ProWide brush, which allows for a pain-free and easy application. The polish went on smoothly, and the formula wasn't too thick or runny. It sort of slides downhill from there though, much to my disappointment. First coat was very streaky, but that's a usual phenomenon with lighter colours like WWTC. So I continued on for another THREE coats. Yup, the photos have FOUR painful, streaky, messy coats. Each layer came out patchy and I only stopped because four coats but it did look decent to the untrained eye. If you're planning on tackling this polish, I recommend THIN coats and let them dry in between.


Colour + Finish


WWTC is a beautiful sky blue creme that absolutely lives up to my expectations. The four coats were almost worth it. It compliments olive/yellow-based skin tones very well, but would match other skin types as well. It's more saturated than the soft, pastels that are synonymous with bridal collections, but it's not intensely bold and bright either. It's a very cheerful colour that could be a nice change to the normal office palette. I'd recommend a layer of top coat to hide the patchiness a little more. It's a great colour all year round, and reminds me of those beautiful summer days with cloudless blue skies.


Longevity + Removal


Polishes last very well on me, and I only had slight tip wear on the fourth day with WWTC. It would probably last longer if you have a top coat with hardening properties to offset the number of coats used. Removal was also a breeze without any staining.

Rating: 7/10

Thank you for reading !

No comments :