Drop Down

[REVIEW] YSL Babydoll Kiss & Blush in #05 & #12

Saturday 23 April 2016


#12 Mocha Garconne & #5 Rouge Effrontee


What YSL says:

“Kiss your cheeks. Blush your lips. Play with color and mix and match your lips and cheeks. Yves Saint Laurent introduces the latest innovation in the edgy Baby Doll attitude. This 2 in 1 ultra blendable air whipped mousse beautifully highlights your lips and cheeks with a sensual soft matte finish.”


#05 in Rouge Effrontee (How lovely is the name tho guys) Just a slight dab in the centre of the lips
Slowly building it up
Full coverage #05

What drew me to YSL at first is their incomparable packaging. What kept me coming back for more is their attention to detail and products that make you feel pampered and luxurious. I received my first babydoll product as a birthday present, it was a bright pink in number 5. At first I was a little worried this pink will be too bright and in your face to wear on a day to day basis but my worries were unfounded. 


The colour can easily be changed to how strong you want it. For a day look, dab a little product on the centre of your lips and then smear it out to give yourself that “korean gradient look”. For full coverage lips simple use the applicator and apply the product everywhere on the lip. 

I really really love the smell and application of this product. It smells fruity- a mix between watermelon and mango and it feels like velvet. It’s so easily blendable but the one thing to note would be that it wouldn’t cover up a chapped lip- so be sure to keep your lips in top shape when you use this product. (For the colour 05)


#12 in Mocha Garconne

Fav fav fav nude everrrr

My favourite nude ever has to be the number 12 babydoll. It glides on amazingly smoothly and just DOES something I can’t even explain. Unlike the #05, this one covers a chapped lip pretty well and is very very moisturising and smooth.


Colour: 10/10
Application: 10/10
Feel on lips/ Comfortability : 10/10
Lasting power: 9.5/10
Packaging: 10/10

Rating: 10/10
Would buy again? YES. If only my wallet permits, I would have the whole collection by now.


Price: $60 in Myer/ David Jones

No comments :