Drop Down

[SWATCH] 3CE Nail Lacquer: PE01

Wednesday 13 April 2016



Who can resist a lovely, girly pink polish? I had always been curious about 3CE nail polishes, especially since their make-up line is so widely raved about. However, living in Sydney means that access to a reasonable range of their polishes is fairly limited. I was lucky enough to stumble on a huge range of 3CE polishes in a store whilst visiting Hong Kong. I only managed to select out two polishes before being kicked out of the store because the shop was about to close. PE01 caught my eye because it was just that pretty, and I justified to myself that I did not have anything like it in my collection.


Cost - I bought this for ~AUD4

ALL PHOTOS HAVE:
  • Orly - Bonder
  • OPI - 2 coats of PE01
  • 3CE - Top Coat

Application


This is a classic case of never judge a book by its cover. This is actually the second time I've worn this polish, because the first time resulted in the vigorous removal of the unsightly, lumpy manicure. First, the formula looks as though it was going to be a dream to apply but once it touches the nail, it becomes unpredictable. I don't know what sort of voodoo magic was at work, but it was streaky, lumpy and failed to self-level. I could only make it work if I used a super light and steady hand. Needless to say that my right hand was kinda atrocious. Second, the brush looked like a wild animal had attacked it, with some of the bristles sticking out at odd angles. It makes me believe that I could have potentially just gotten a faulty product, and that the polish isn't supposed to be that terrible.



Colour + Finish


The creatively named PE01 is a feminine peachy pink with a silver micro-glitter running through it. It tends toward a cooler tone, and I would regard it as a generally flattering colour on most skin tones. I actually really love the colour, despite the appalling application process. It's just so girly and the silver adds an extra dimension to an otherwise overdone colour. I have nothing like it in my collection, but I'm tentative about keeping it there. For the work-space conscious girls (or boys :D ), it's definitely an office-safe colour.

That shimmer right there. :D



Removal


Removing this polish took a bit more elbow grease than I imagined it would. It wasn't the glitter that was the issues though, I suspect that the formula of the polish was the culprit. This polish doesn't stain or leave my fingers covered in glitter.

Rating: 5/10

Thank you for reading !

No comments :