Drop Down

[REVIEW] Missha The Style: Beautiful Tint in Moisture Red

Wednesday 31 August 2016

Give your lips both moisture and color with this Beautiful Tint Gloss.
The soft brush tip makes it easy to apply.
The ingredient, Xylitol, gives your lips a cool and refreshing feeling. (misshaus.com)

I can never say no to a good tint. I had actually picked up the pink one in the series years and years ago. I really liked the way the tint applied, so it was only natural for me to pick up the red and orange (which I will probably do a review about later on) versions. I tend to like using a lip product for a while before trying another one so I can form a stronger opinion about it, but obviously this means that I have a whole host of untried products (opened products also makes my germophobe side squirm). So I eventually got around to using this one after I lost my Etude House Cherry Tint, which was a similar if not dead-on dupe for this shade.

Cost - I bought mine in Korea for less than AUD10

Packaging


Korean packaging is KING OF ALL THE PACKAGING. This tint comes in a self-explanatory cardboard box that's chic and semi-reflective. The actual tint tube doesn't make you want to display it alongside your expensive alcohol, but it's sleek and functional. It's plastic and shiny - the cap is silver and the body reflects the colour inside the tube. The top twists open (has never come loose in my bag) and reveals a wand with a BRUSH applicator. It's thin, flexible and it makes my life easier.

Application & Formula


It's a BRUSH !! This flimsy-looking, unassuming applicator is absolutely fabulous. It allows for extremely precise application, which is great as this tint stains very easily (and you don't want it in the wrong places). It sets fairly quickly, so application must be rapid, but that is fairly easy to get used to. It definitely also has a cooling effect on the lips, not unlike mint formulations. I don't mind it, but it may be a bit of a turn off for some. Intensity can also be built up from a sheer wash of colour to a full on pink-red. You can pile on layers and this will still feel incredibly lightweight. I suggest a lip-scrub for those with dry lips and this isn't a super moisturising product but it doesn't make the lips feel like a desert. I get by without having to prep my lips beforehand, which is great as I don't have a lot of time to spend on making my face.

The colour fades throughout the day, especially with eating and drinking. Depending on how oily your food is, it may leave a nice stain behind.

The only complaint I have with this is that the formula is a little thin, so if you don't apply/spread it properly then you might get a patchy lip. Just gotta be quick or pile it on until its no longer patchy.

Colour


The colour itself is not a true red, but what I usually dub the 'Korean Red' which is basically a cool pink-leaning-red tone. Under certain lightings, it can almost pass as a hot pink. It's definitely a flattering colour that suits most skin types. It has the teeth-whitening and face-brightening effect, making you look effortlessly polished even with a simple eye look.

Final Thoughts


This tint certainly does it's job, and does it well. I have not tried the orange one yet, but this one is miles and miles ahead of the pink version in terms of pigmentation. Keep in mind that this isn't a true classic red, so if that's what you're looking for then I suggest that you skip this. Otherwise this is a great product and is my current everyday go to lip product.

Rating - 8/10
Repurchase - Yes

Thanks for reading !!

No comments :