Drop Down

[REVIEW] Violet Voss "Holy Grail" Palette

Saturday 27 August 2016

Really sleek packaging! Comes with a full sized mirror
How gorgeous is "Cranberry Splash"?! "Wine N Dine" is a lovely deep burgundy also
It's really no wonder this is a social media fave 

What Violet Voss say:
“Violet Voss Cosmetics is proud to present 20 highly pigmented eye shadows in a variety of must have finishes. Our PRO eye shadows are made with the highest quality ingredients and formulated to allow for smooth blending.  The perfect go-to for any occasion to create your flawless sexy look.“

That feel when your eyeshadow and lips match... (Wearing Freshlook One-Day in Blue!)


•••


I don’t usually wear any eyeshadow on a day to day basis, but when I am feeling particularly adventurous or looking for that extra glam on the eyes there is no other palette I reach for other than Violet Voss’ “Holy Grail” palette. The colours in this palette all range towards the brown based/ reddish side of the spectrum and I feel that they work extremely well with Asian skin tones. The shadows are extremely pigmented and you really don’t need very much for a statement look. 

The colours I tend to go towards for a “normal” look are : Cool Beans, Teddy Bear and Brownie points 

but I especially love the shimmery burgundies and red shadows! Cranberry splash was the colour that made me say “You need this palette” in the first place and “On fleek” really is pretty on fleek. Those two are the ones I’m wearing in the above photo.

All in all, getting the Holy Grail will take a pretty big chunk out of your wallet, and it hurts just that little extra living in Australia when the shipping fee is even more expensive than the actual product but I’ve had no regrets. There are 20 decently sized colours in the palette, so if you calculate- it’s around $6 for a colour which is pretty okay in my opinion, especially for these gorgeous shades!

If you have the cash to spare, I would definitely recommend. But if you don’t, it’s not worth breaking the bank for :) Not a “must” have” but definitely a “nice to have”.


•••


Pigmentation : 10/10
Fall Out: 9/10 
Lasting power: 8/10 
Value: 8/10 
Packaging: 10/10 

Rating:  9/10 
Would buy again? One palette is enough for me! Colours are so pigmented they will last forever :)


$120 incl. Shipping to Aus 

No comments :