Drop Down

[SWATCH] Butter London: Bluey

Wednesday 3 August 2016

I saw a photo of this bottle somewhere and decided that I needed to own this beautiful, shimmery, bewitching blue polish. Butter London has always impressed me with their products, especially the shimmers and glitters and so I did not think twice before snapping this one up. It also doesn't help that I'm a sucker for anything blue and shiny.

Cost - RRP AUD$19.95

ALL PHOTOS HAVE:
  • Innisfree Eco Base Coat
  • Butter London Bluey - 3 coats
  • 3CE Nail Lacquer Top Coat

Application


Butter London's brush is thin and flexible, allowing fairly precise application without too much fuss. This polish's brush did not seem to pick up enough product to cover my nail in one go, so I found that the best way to apply the colour smoothly was to not wipe off any excess as I would normally.

In terms of application, it is a disappointingly sheer polish, so I suggest layering it over a similar shade of blue or white/black. It's very sheer and patchy with the first coat, so I ended up with 3 layers of polish and slight VNL (more noticeable in real life).


Colour & Finish


I'll say now that the photos are kinda deceiving. It shows the polish as being super gorgeous and multi-dimensional, but in real life it's not as sensational. In the bottle, there are shimmery green flecks mixed in with the blue, which almost disappear during application (unless you step into direct sunlight). So it looks more flat on the nail than what it looks like in the bottle. I definitely suggest top coat to bring out all the shine you can get.

Criticisms aside, this is a nice blue if you don't compare it to what the bottle projects. It's dark but wearable and suitable for many skin types. I wouldn't pin this one to be an office-safe colour as it is quite bright and bold.


Longevity & Removal


Nail polish lasts a decent amount of time on me, and of course none of the Butter London polishes have been a disappointment. Removal wasn't stain-free though, there was a slight blue tinge left over on my nails/fingers so I suggest being careful when scrubbing off the polish.

Rating: 6/10

Thank you for reading !

No comments :