Drop Down

[SWATCH] OPI - Where did Suzi's Man-go?

Wednesday 10 February 2016


OPI - Where did Suzi's Man-go?






Where Did Suzi's Man-go?
He went to fetch her this delicious mango smoothie.
(OPI.com)

This bright, poppy, happy shade was part of the 2014 Brazil Collection and since it's heading towards warmer weather now in Australia, I decided to pull this out of the drawer. I bought this one a while back, mainly because I love mangos and like ... yeah that's basically it. (:

Cost - RRP AUD$20

ALL PHOTOS ARE IN INDIRECT SUNLIGHT AND HAVE:
  • Essie - Fill the gap ! basecoat
  • OPI - 2 coats of Where did Suzi's man-go?
  • 3CE - Nail Lacquer Top Coat

Application


OPI's famous pro-wide brush works very well for me, because I'm still quite clumsy (despite years of practice) with my polish. The formula isn't too watery or too thick. This polish required 2 coats or 3 thin coats to create a mostly streak-free finish because it's definitely nothing but streaks on the first coat. So overall, application was very average - not terrible but not amazing either.

Colour + Finish


The colour is a gorgeous mango-y orange creme that screams SUMMER. It's a more pink-leaning orange, with peach-y undertones. It's quite a unique shade, and I don't have anything similar to it in my collection.

The finish is still quite nice without top coat, but I definitely prefer it with the extra gloss. It does dry darker than the bottle, which looks like a more muted, pastel orange than the almost fluoro concoction on my nails. In saying that, I still love the colour, but it might not be for those who aren't fond of loud nail polish colours (or for the office).






It's more obvious here that the colour is much darker on the nail.

Excuse my cuticles :S

Longevity + Removal


I strongly believe that the longevity usually relies on the base and top coat used. In saying that, most brands of nail polish do tend to last at least more than half a week on my nails without major chipping. This was no exception. Tip wear started appearing at around 3-4 days and I didn't experience any chipping over the course of the week.

Removal was a dream (as with most creme polishes). The polish came off with a few swipes and left no staining ! Couldn't be more impressed.

Rating: 8/10

Thank you for reading !