Drop Down

[REVIEW] It's Skin - Power 10 Formula VE Effector

Wednesday 3 February 2016


It's Skin VE Effector




Essence containing vitamin E (tocopherol) capsules that directly provides nutrients to the skin to make it look lustrous and smooth. (It's Skin website)

Cost - I bought mine in Korea for ~AUD$8

Essences can be a great addition to any skin care routine, and these Power 10 effectors are certainly extremely raved about over the Internet. There are 13 effectors altogether in the Power 10 line, all boasting different properties to target certain skin problems. I have personally only tried the VE effector, and am about halfway through the bottle. To preface this review, my skin is tending towards the drier side but can get mildly oily in the T-Zone (doesn't soak through an oil blotting paper). I have relatively trouble free skin with the rare break out, but I do get some flakiness and redness in the areas on either side of my nose as well as between my eyebrows. As such, the most important thing I look for is HYDRATION.

It's Skin VE Effector It's Skin VE Effector

Packaging


The packaging definitely lives up to the standards that Korean products have set - it's simple, functional and attractive. The cute pink bottle contains 30 mL and will probably last 2-3 months depending on how much you use. The packaging is made out of glass that feels very sturdy and the included dropper means you can control how much you dispense. I usually use about 2/3 of the amount in the dropper and pat it onto my skin before moisturiser and after toner. The only drawback is that the glass bottle may not be extremely travel friendly, especially if you tend to throw all the things into a bag like I do.

Efficacy


So did this product blow my mind? The short answer is no. It definitely does give my skin a healthy glow immediately after I pat this on and it absorbs quickly without leaving much stickiness. This usually fades in a matter of hours and my skin returns to baseline by the morning. I can see it being more useful for you if you have dull skin, which needs a bit of a pick-me-up. However, I do not feel any long term effects after using the effector, and so despite the amazing reviews, I am fairly disappointed with the actual product. As such, it won't be forming a permanent part of my daily skincare routine.



It's Skin VE Effector
Before being absorbed into the skin

It's Skin VE Effector
Right after patting the serum into the skin.


Final Thoughts


It's cheap, doesn't damage my skin and packaged very attractively, which summarises all my feelings towards this effector. It's unfortunate that I didn't end up liking this product as much as I wanted to. This might be a good choice for late teens to maybe early 20s who are starting to dabble in essences and aren't too keen on dropping too many $$$.

Rating - 4/10
Repurchase - No, but I am open to trying the other effectors in the range

Thanks for reading !!